MedicineLogo

H4H

       

Homeopathy 4 Health

The alternative medical modality of holistic, natural,

safe, individualised, side-effect-free and affordable health care

Hermes once separated two serpents entwined in mortal combat to bring about peace. These serpents were later included in the medical Caduceus as a sign of wellbeing.


HomeButton

History&BasicsButton

HomeopathicButton

WorldwideButton

YourBenefitsButton

YourConsultationButton

Testimonials&ResearchButton

Criticisms&RepliesButton

News&ViewsButton

H4HMonographsButton

F.A.Q.Button

LinksButton

SiteMapButton

WhoIAmButton

CodeofEthicsButton

AcknowledgementsButton

ContactButton

ReeButton.comButton

site stats

You are viewing: H4H Monographs - Allergies - Level 2
returnButton 
to H4H Monographs - Level 1

H4H Monograph - Allergies

Background
Some 38% of the population suffer from allergies

What is an allergy?

An allergic reaction occurs when the bodys natural immune system responds incorrectly to a normally harmless foreign invader (allergen) such as pollen, mould, pet dander, food etc.

How do allergies develop?

Once the natural immune system identifies an invader as harmful (an antigen) it creates antibodies which attach to the antigen rendering it ineffective. This results in the typical allergic angioedema (swelling or inflammatory) reaction.

What are Some common Symptoms and Causes?

1. Seasonal Hayfever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
A condition which can be brought on at certain seasons of the year by airborne pollens of trees, grass, crops, and weeds.
Symptoms include sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose, nasal congestion, an itchy palate and throat and can also be accompanied by conjunctivitis (itchy, swollen eyes), malaise, headache, and sinus pain.

2. Non Seasonal Hayfever (Non Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
When the symptoms are similar to Seasonal Hayfver but all year round (as opposed to just seasonal) the usual culprits are molds, dust, and  mites.

3. Hives (Urticaria)
Hives are itchy, red, swollen patches of skin that appear suddenly. Although they may vanish within one to two hours, they can last as long as two days. They frequently occur in clusters, with new clusters forming as others fade. They do not leave scars.
Most likely cause is food related with dairy products and grains most frequently blamed although there can be other causes including nuts, shellfish, peanuts, and eggs. Drugs can also be implicated the main ones being penicillin, sulfa, anticonvulsants, aspirin, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).

4. Angioedema
The difference between angioedema and urticaria, which are very similar, is that angioedema affects deep tissues beneath the skin (subcutaneous tissue) and targets particularly the lips, eyelids, larynx, hands and feet.
Causation is much the same as for Hives but additionally envoironmental factors need to be considered including
- External environment such as clothing, body temperature (warm baths, hot tubs, exercise, fever, climate control), overexposure (to cold or sunlight)
- Internal environment including food, social drugs, medication, smoking, alcohol, wine, blood status, organ status etc.
- Genetic Environment and hereditary may also need to be considered. 

5. Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
This often occurs in early childhood the symptoms for which are clusters of red, scaly, oozy, patches on the elbows, knee creases, ankles, neck, wrists, and feet. During adolescence the eruptions may become more concentrated appearing as a rash on the sides of the neck, hands, and face.

The condition is frequently associated with allergic rhinitis or asthma and hence may be considered as a secondary infection. In such cases the main aim should be to remove the allergenic affect associated with the primary condition (allergic rhinitis/asthma).

Additionally it has also been noticed that people with atopic dermatitis are prone to  skin infections that produce itching and redness. In such cases where there are no concomitant symptoms of rhinitis or asthma consideration should be given to a bacterial causation.

6. Allergic Contact dermatitis
Allergic contact dermatitis can be caused by toxoids including poison ivy, oak, or sumac, as well as by exposure to nickel, chrome, mercury, certain cosmetics, soaps, cleaning chemicals, and topical creams and ointments. Toxoid symptoms include redness, bumps, and blisters, as well as swelling after the initial contact.

7. Insect Allergies (Stings/Anaphylaxis )
Insect allergies result when a sensitive individual is stung by a bee, wasp, hornet, yellow jacket, or fire ant. The reaction usually occurs soon after the initial sting and may include wheezing, generalized hives, angioedema, and a sharp drop in blood pressure. The victim may also go into shock and lose consciousness.

Who is at risk and why?

People with allergic parents. If neither parent is affected there is only a 5% chance whilst those with one parent have a 35% and those with both parents a 60% chance of an allergic reaction. Additionally environment plays a role. The more intense the challenge the greater the likelihood.

Treatment - Conventionally

Medical therapy revolves around methods of reducing histamine levels (antihistamines), reducing inflammation (steriods) and vascular constriction (decongestants). All these treatments are palliative only. None are curative.

Treatment - Homeopathically

Homeopathic  nosodes stimulate the bodys own natural immune system to correct itself. There are no side effects, they can be used long term without adverse results and they use only natural substances (ie no chemicals or synthetics).

What should I do next?
Contact Dr. Peter Darashah and discuss your concerns with him. Should an Allergy treatment be considered beneficial a prescription and remedy can be easily be forwarded to you by post.

Dr. Peter Darashah

Ph.D.,M.Sc (Lond), B.Sc., DIHom (Pract),FBIH, MARH

Nutrition Consultant & Homeopathic Physician

(087) 2621943


Consultations held at :-

The Natural Health Centre, 34 Princes Str., Cork.

   H4H Monograph
TopButton

 Homeopathic Awareness Weesk
Apr 10 - 16 2009
(click logo for details)

Allergies
 PollenAllergy

Nosode Preparation
Preparation of pollen Nosode
for Homeopathic Allergy Treatment


Hayfever
Hayfever

Hives
Hives

Angioedema
Angioedema

Foot Eczema 
Foot Eczema

Copntact Allergy
Contact Allergy

Bee sting
Bee sting

Home | History & Basis | Homeopathics | Worldwide | Your Benefits | Your Consultation | Testimonials & Research |
Criticisms & Replies | News & Views | H4H Monographs | F.A.Q. | Links | Site Map | Who I Am | Code of Ethics | Acknowledgements | Contact